Book your FREE appointment with us today
Business Development Manager19th April 2022
Business Development Manager
Link Integrated Security Solutions (one of the UK’s leading independent providers of Security, Life Safety and Conflict Management Systems) is a well-established, innovative company, which continues to grow, organically.
We currently have an opening for an experienced Business Development Manager who can work independently, or as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment.
Whilst field based, you will be expected to spend time at our Mansfield office located at Lancaster House, Millennium Business Park, Mansfield Nottinghamshire, NG19 7DW and report directly to the Managing/Sales Director, especially during the probationary period.
Although the role is all encompassing you daily tasks will include:
- Sourcing and developing sales opportunities and self-generating leads
- Promoting company products and services
- Attending site surveys
- Designing and costing systems
- Producing high quality proposals and quotations
- Producing sales files pre-handover to operations
- Managing sales pipeline with a view to maximising sales output
- Achieve sales targets for both installation and maintenance sales
- Achieve company margins
- Maintain accurate records and ensure that the company sales CRM is kept up to date daily
- Ensure that any reporting criteria is adhered to in a timely and accurate manner
- Attend shows when requested to promote the company
- Liaise with the operations team to ensure that a smooth transition of the sale into operations takes place
Candidates Skills and Attributes:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following qualities and experience:
- Have a minimum of 5 years industry experience in systems and maintenance sales
- Be able to demonstrate a proven track record within major and/or national accounts business development and account retention over the last 3 years
- Must be able to meet and exceed sales goals
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to organise and plan account development and time.
- Be able to design security and life safety systems to a level within their target market
- Be able to demonstrate high level communication, presentation and negotiation skills via written and verbal means
- Must be a team player with the ability to share skills and experience with the team
- Have a strong CV with a balanced work history
- Must be able to produce a sales business plan detailing sales, profit and costs
- Have a clean driving licence
- Have no criminal record that will prevent detailed vetting success
The starting salary is commensurate with experience and the business plan output
You will also be entitled to commission that is to be agreed prior to commencement.
This will be reviewed at the end of the first year.
Your holiday entitlement is 20 days plus bank holidays. This will rise to 22 days following 2 years’ service with the company.
The company run a personal vehicle scheme providing the maximum permitted sum allowed to be paid by Customs and Excise.
A company vehicle will be provided for the first six months, if requested.
Hours of Work:
The hours of work are 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday.
Although this position is for an experienced person a level of training is available should it be requested and/or required commercially:
- Internal product training will be provided for the company’s unique products and services i.e., StaffGuard vIP, TruckGuard, VeriGuard and response Service Programme.
- Fire Detection Systems Design and Fundamentals to BS5839-1:2017 from the British Fire Consortium.
- Microsoft Visio Drawing via online learning course.
Training will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and any additional training required will be provided.
Work Life Balance
It is important to Link that work life balance is maintained and so following successful integration into the company and completion of training there may the opportunity to work from home occasionally or where the company deem it more viable.F
Full job specification available on request